Wednesday, April 29, 2009

300

I hit the big 300 yesterday, and I was so discombobulated last evening when I wrote my posting that I didn't even realize I'd hit that milestone.
300 posts, um-hm.
yep.
seems significant somehow, yet it's actually just one more posting on one more day in a long string of postings and days.

that's all.

okay, that's not all, that barely qualifies as a posting. therefore, I will list a few "300" facts:

1. last year, the tour of utah professional cycling race opened up a special, non-professional ride that involved a hell of a lot of climbing in about 100 miles, starting in park city and cruising up (and down) through the alpine loop and finishing up at snowbird. they allowed 300 citizen fools to sign up for this ride, which was known as the "300 warriors." this year, they increased the field size to 1000, which includes 500 licensed racers and 500 citizens (that's people like me). so far, about 150 citizen fools have signed up for this ride. hmmm. yep, I'm one of them.

2. 300, the movie, has been labeled by some as the best display of male eye candy ever. ever. think I need to rent this one.

3. 300, the number, is the sum of 10 consecutive prime numbers: 13 + 17 + 19 + 23 + 29 + 31 + 37 + 41 + 43 + 47. I have always loved math, because, as I told my daughter the other night, it always works. once you learn the formula, you can always reach the right answer. no subjectivity, like in writing or those other artsy subjects.

4. 300 ft/s, in paintball, is the maximum legal velocity of a shot paintball. my son probably knows this, and I hope to never experience the impact of such a shot paintball. or any paintball, for that matter.

5. 300 is the score of a perfect game of bowling. I'm laughing, because I'm pretty sure I'll never get there.


and there you have 5 fun-filled facts about the number 300, which I have now surpassed.

No comments: