Sunday, May 10, 2009

insouciance

this is my word of the day today:
insouciance.

here it is used in a few sentences:

my goal is to experience insouciance on a daily basis.
the times I feel insouciant are the best moments of my day.
my beautiful new bike provides me incredible opportunities to live insouciantly.

got it?

not surprised if you don't.

insouciance: the cheerful feeling you have when nothing is troubling you, lightheartedness.

we humans so easily get bogged down in the muck of daily chores, tasks, and activities, and quickly fall prey to that feeling of unending pressure to do more, be more, perform better.
when we begin to discover those things, places, and people (okay, sounds like nouns to me) that help us find a state of insouciance, there is no greater gift we can give ourselves than to latch on and increase our level of interaction with said nouns.
(please note, I absolutely disallow on this list any substances that might provide such an artificially created insouciance.)

my bike has brought me back in touch with insouciance.
certain people gift me with this feeling.
a handful of favorite authors take me to this state.
faith, fully grasped, takes me there as well.

when we discover the who's, what's, and where's that bring us to a state of insouciance, we're one step closer to creating a deep and whole, lasting peace within ourselves.

got it?
now go get it.

No comments: