Thursday, May 21, 2009

1181 words; 181 of them superfluous


if a picture is worth a thousand words . . .
then I need not say much more, need I?

bill took this picture at 6:29 am yesterday morning, as we crested the little mountain summit. he paused to play photographer, and I rode circles in the road as the sun pulled itself above the mountain peaks. we then headed down to the reservoir, where we rode great big circles in the empty road before turning and heading back up to the summit, then down to the city.

at the summit the sky to the east was pale blue and split with pure morning sun, while the sky to the west was a dense, violet sapphire blue, thick with the tension of suspended moisture.
I felt the first few raindrops on my helmet during the climb back up to the summit, and by the time we reached the bottom of the canyon my glasses were so speckled with drops that I could barely see.

and then the sun filtered its way back through the clouds, as strong and brilliant as ever.
good day, sunshine.

No comments: