Saturday, July 4, 2009

balance

I did not ride my bike today. in fact, it is still sitting in the garage with a hopelessly shredded rear tire, blown tube, and dirty chain. the bag with the new tire, degreaser, rags and lube is sitting right next to it. and before the end of the day, I will do what needs to be done to return my bike to a state of rideability.

today I was lazy and spoiled and treated to a thick slice of heaven on earth. and it was good and grand and wonderful, and it added a little of that desperately needed balance to my life.
it's not always easy to step off the treadmill, but it's crucial.

so today's theme is balance, and as I'm not quite done being lazy and spoiled and hanging out in heaven, I decided to look for a quote about balance to share.
I turned to google, my favorite way to search for information, and the first quote offered on the first site I visited is this:

"life is like riding a bicycle. to keep your balance you must keep moving." ~ albert einstein

I like the wisdom offered there, as I believe he is completely correct.
however, I wish to add this small caveat:

and sometimes you just get to coast.

No comments: