Sunday, May 23, 2010

inspiration, faith, and patience

I'm quite sure that part of my intention in creating this blog had to do with inspiration: my sharing of what inspires me, hopefully to spread a bit of encouragement and inspiration to others.
and most days I find inspiration somewhere, somehow.
today, however . . .
my ride was hard with miles of a cold wind in my face, and I did not feel like I was performing well. at all. I didn't time myself because I didn't want to be discouraged. I dragged myself, kicking and screaming, to the top of the hill chanting my little mantra-of-the-day: I am happy, I am warm, I am strong. I am happy, I am warm, I am strong.
sometimes the power of positive thinking isn't quite enough to make things so.

thus I have little internal inspiration to share (okay, it was beautiful, with gobs of water clamoring to get down the creekbed and lots of snow clinging to shaded trees and hillsides and peaks) and am pulling from someone else's today.

I'm pulling this from steven lane taylor, who got it from a friend of his. it came to me via email this morning, and it's a short movie about, well, faith, and patience. I was able to practice the art of patience while watching it, and it just seems like the right message to pass along today.
I hope you find time to watch it, and then let the lesson just seep into your being over the next little while.
blessings to you all ~ here's the link: www.5millionforchange.com/MovieBamboo.aspx

No comments: