Tuesday, August 17, 2010

eye twitching

have I before told you that my right eye twitches when I am stressed? it's often my first clue, and frequently my only clue. sometimes it will start twitching and I'll think, what? I'm fine! what's up with this?
well, it's been twitching the past few days. actually it began before my trip to jackson last weekend, then stopped during the weekend (of course) and has resumed today. today, when I have delivered children here and there and there and here, shopped for back to school necessities, ridden 29 miles, worked, tried to respond to emails, handled a few other school-related things, been to the store/post office/bank/gas station/other store . . .
twitch.
one of my tasks today was to check out how my daughter will get to her new school, far away from both my house and my other childrens' school. the bus/trax route I found would pick her up at 6:43 in the morning, a block away from our house.
6:43 am.
first of all, wow for her. she might start going to bed as early as me.
second, wow for me, there go my early morning rides.
twitch.
whatever shall I do?
for today, I am enjoying the fact that she doesn't start school until next wednesday, so I still have a week. one final week, and then I will have to figure out how to restructure my life.
I know, I know, worse things could happen to someone, and I'm really not trying to complain. it's all workable, I will just have to find new joys in new ways at new times.
twitch.
they say that children are extremely resilient, and that this is how they survive all of the childhood traumas thrown at them by the world, their friends, their siblings, their parents.
I am being offered an opportunity to work on my resilience.
twitch.
here comes another opportunity for me to stretch and grow, and who knows what the future holds. I may even learn to like riding in daylight on a consistent basis. or maybe I'll just give up biking: then my eye can twitch all the time.


No comments: