Thursday, January 13, 2011

itches

I have a little itch.
it's one of those that is so small I can barely feel it, and it only catches my attention once in a while. I don't even need to scratch it yet, it's so small.
but it's there.

if I were to give it a name, it would be future activities.
specifically, cycling related activities.
like those events one signs up for then commits to (or vice versa), puts on one's calendar, and holds out there like a carrot on a stick.

I have no carrots, no sticks, and the barest inkling of an itch.
hmm.

it's that time of year again when we all start thinking about what's in our future, what will entice us to stay committed to our cycling/running/skiing/swimming/whatever, and nothing is pulling me yet. I realize the addition of the word "yet" to the end of my sentence is indicative of my knowledge of myself . . . the day will come when the itch intensifies and I'll find myself signing up for an event.
but which event, where and when, I truly have no idea. the only thing I can say with complete certainty is that it will not --- will not --- be a triathlon.

between now and the day the itch grows so exquisite it absolutely must be scratched, I will listen to everyone else's plans, do a little research into new things I hear about, contemplate potentialities, and simply float in this lovely place of waiting for my future to reveal itself.

No comments: