Wednesday, December 15, 2010

something out of very little


earlier today I placed an order online for a Christmas present for one of my children. at the end of the process, the order number came up, and I grinned when I read it:
25662

I'm sure that most of you are unaffected by this number. but this number is all about me, and so I absolutely love it. I took it as a sign that I ordered the right thing at the right time.

see, I was born on the 25th day of the 6th month, in the year 1962.

twice a day (when I remember to) I look at the clock and smile, feel affirmed, have a mini celebration: yep, 6:25.

now I admit I'm a number geek who loves math, and you've read about my counting cyclists, cars, trucks, animals, just about everything I can think of while I'm riding. I watch my heart rate numbers every morning, I check my odometer for running paths when I'm driving. I count my cadence during power camp (only because they make me), I count reps in the weight room.
I memorize page numbers to return to when I put a book down for the evening. I make up wacky number stories when I put candles on my kids' birthday cakes.

I love to balance my checkbooks, personal and business.

I'm constantly noticing numbers, playing games with them, adding, multiplying, making more out of them than would otherwise be. nothing complicated, just observation and connection. and this makes me happy, which is what it's all about.

No comments: